Planning a trip to Disney World with kids can be a daunting task. But don’t worry, with a little bit of pre-planning, it can also be an amazing and stress-free experience for the whole family. Here are some useful tips and tricks on how to survive Disney World with kids to help make your trip extra special!
1. Create and stick to a budget – The prices of tickets, food, and souvenirs add up quickly and it’s easy to overspend without careful planning. Consider checking out package deals and decide ahead of time what you’re willing to splurge on.
2. Seek discounts – There are several ways you can save money when booking your tickets for Disney World so keep an eye out for deals!
3. Choose lodging wisely – Where you choose to stay will have a big impact on how much time you get to enjoy in the park each day, so pick a place that is close by or offers transportation services.
4. Wear comfortable shoes – Don’t underestimate the amount of walking involved in visiting the parks – invest in good quality shoes that won’t cause blisters or discomfort.
5. Take advantage of designated timesavers – Make use of fast passes and single riders where available as they can help maximize your time at the park so that everyone gets their fun fix!
6. Have backup plans – You never know what may happen while you’re there so come prepared with ideas such as alternative activities or places in case something unforeseen arises during your trip.
Pro-Tip: To make the most of your Disney World vacation, stay for a minimum of one week. This gives you plenty of time to explore the various parks while allowing for one day of rest in between. Stay in a hotel with a pool and play area for the kids – our favorite is The Grove Resort & Spa, just 10 minutes away from Disney’s Parks. This resort features up to 3 bedroom accommodations and tons of activities to keep the kids entertained– even an enormous waterpark is included in your stay!