Exploring the Big Apple with your kids is an experience of a lifetime – and there are plenty of ways to make the most out of it! From taking in the sights atop the Empire State Building to sampling some iconic pizza slices – get ready for an adventure like no other. Here are some tips on making the most out of your fun-filled family trip to New York:
1. Pick the right accommodations – Look for a hotel or apartment close to parks and activities that’s also child-friendly.
2. Pack well – Make sure you bring plenty of sunscreen, insect repellent, comfortable shoes, and any other items you’ll need for exploring New York City.
3. Take a tour – Experienced guides can be very helpful when traveling with kids – they’ll give you insider tips into the best spots to visit where children will have fun!
4. Embrace culture – From visiting iconic landmarks and taking Broadway shows to exploring Central Park – let your children discover all that The Big Apple has to offer!
5. Sample local delights– From hotdogs at Coney Island and pizza by the slice to delicious burgers at Shake Shack – let your kids explore all the culinary delights this city has to offer!
6. Capture memories – Last but not least, don’t forget to take lots of photos and videos so you can look back fondly on this amazing family trip for years afterwards!
Pro-Tip: When looking for a place to stay in New York, it’s important to consider the proximity of the hotel to a train station. This will help you avoid having to navigate several blocks while carrying your children and their belongings. It’s also important to be aware that accommodation options may be quite limited and rooms are often on the smaller side. To combat feeling too cramped during your stay, consider getting more than one hotel room or look into larger suite-style accommodations or short-term rentals.